[outages] CenturyLink peering issues?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Sun Aug 30 08:22:27 EDT 2020

Ugh; seeing same thing.  Have had sessions turned down for over two hours and looking glasses are still showing 3356 propagating the advertisements.

On 8/30/20, 8:11 AM, "Outages on behalf of Chris Adams via Outages" <outages-bounces at outages.org on behalf of outages at outages.org> wrote:

    Once upon a time, Stephen Flynn via Outages <outages at outages.org> said:
    > Odd part --- I disconnected my Level3 circuit at the ORL-FL facility so that I could fully failover to my other carrier link.
    > Level3 is still advertising my routes, even though my link and BGP session is down.

    I can confirm this - I shut down IPv4 BGP with Level3 in Chicago, but
    checking route-views and such, they're still advertising our routes (but
    don't know how to get to us once packets hit their network)..

    AS7007 all over again?
    --
    Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>