[outages] Explosion in Nashville

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Sat Dec 26 12:25:55 EST 2020

Latest update from AT&T:

AT&T Corporate Real Estate teams are now gathering on site after pausing
work last night due a fire that reignited on site around midnight. The Fire
Marshall has joined the AT&T team to provide official approval to proceed.
Last night, the teams were able to accomplish testing the busbar, placing
the temporary generators, completing power cabling, and opening all the
breakers on the individual floors. It is estimated that this round of power
related work is about 75% complete. The target is for energizing is 1200
CST. A partial analysis by the AT&T Structural Engineer initial found no
concrete or steel damage that caused major concern. Once team re-engage
this morning, they will complete their full analysis and ensure it is safe
for restoration crews to proceed. AT&T Mechanical Engineers have confirmed
there is roughly 3 feet of water in the basement with potential damage to
mechanical equipment in that area. It is also suspected that commercial
power may not be available for some time and as a result power will come
from AT&T and Tennessee Emergency Management Agency generators. Additional
technician support will be made available rotating over a 24 hour period.

Core CBB teams continue to work on the secondary plan to reroute around the
Nashville 2nd Ave location. They had some success this morning at 05:05 CT
when core connectivity was established for the Winchester, KY office.
Partial 911 connectivity has been restored in that specific area. Work will
continue on the CBB reroute plans in several locations around the Southeast
Region.

We have installed a SatCOLT positioned in the area of the CO NSVLTNMT
building and is up and taking traffic to aid in communication. The
secondary SatCOLT arrived and has been turned up to provide additional
coverage.

The next update will be issued at approximately 13:00 CT, unless there is a
significant change in status