[outages] Explosion in Nashville

Walt Amason wamason at kelleycompanies.com
Sat Dec 26 22:44:48 EST 2020

Apologies if this has been already posted.

8pm update:

All - Teams have completed their walk-through with the Fire Marshal and
local authorities. Officials have given teams approval to begin restoring
power to the 2nd and 3rd floors. After the 2nd and 3rd floors are
energized, teams will begin working to restore power to the 1st, 4th and
5th floors. A fuel truck was brought in to refill the fuel tanks on the
generators and a Caterpilar technician is onsite getting the generators
ready to run. Teams will start one generator at a time. Once generators are
running, teams can begin energizing power plants and charging batteries.
Many batteries have reversed polarity and it is unclear at this time, if
those batteries can be recharged. AT&T Structural Engineer has found no
concrete or steel damage that would impair restoring power and service in
the building that caused major concern.

Core CBB teams continue to work on the secondary plan to reroute around the
Nashville 2nd Ave location. Service in and around the Lexington/Winchester,
KY has returned for 3G and 4G service when CBB service was rerouted around
the Nashville 2nd Ave location. 3G Data service is still degraded within
that specific area. Work will continue with the CBB reroute plans across
several locations around the Southeast Region including the Nashville, MTSO
(Brick Church Pike).

Two SATCOLTs are positioned on the East and West sides of the NSVLTNMT
Central Office and both are on-air and taking traffic to aid in
communication. There are currently 6 assets on air – the 2 at the CO plus 4
that are supporting FN Customer Requests. There are 4 assets on route to
their respective deployment locations- 2 in Alabama and 2 in TN. One asset
has arrived at its intended deployment location in TN and is in the process
of being turned up. Another 3 requests have been prioritized and assets
that just arrived at the staging location are being deployed to their
target locations in TN. Issues remain at various locations in GA, KY, & MS.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 6:08 PM Jay Ashworth via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> It is. So unless that message that you reposted came to you with a flag
> line suggesting it should not be disseminated, you're welcome to post it
> here.
>

> Cheers,
> -- jr '<admin/>' a
>
> On December 26, 2020 1:35:29 PM EST, Ross Tajvar via Outages <
> outages at outages.org> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry I don't follow. Isn't the point of this list to keep people
>> informed?
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 1:31 PM Luis Diaz <noc at riotgames.com> wrote:
>>
>>> May want to consider moving this discussion to something more private.

*Walt Amason* | Director of Information Technology | Kelley Companies
*cell* (601) 382-5888 | *office* (601) 735-2541 | *website*
www.kelleycompanies.com