[outages] Comcast Business outage

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Tue Mar 3 14:37:11 EST 2020

Once upon a time, Jeremy Gault, KD4NED (Senior Engineer) <jeremy at voiceopia.com> said:
> I have a few subscribers in the Cookeville area (on Twin Lakes fiber) who
> are seeing increased latency/packet loss, all of which started about the
> time the tornadoes hit. My understanding is Twin Lakes is minus several
> uplink circuits at this point, so what's left is likely overloaded. All a
> result of the tornadoes. Other providers are most likely affected as well.

Yep, we also have a down Windstream circuit that goes through the
Nashville area.  We've received an update that the affected segment is
on Crown Castle fiber, and as of 1:15 CST they're on site.  They are
working to bypass two known fiber breaks, as well as checking for any
additional breaks.

We've been seeing intermittent latency spikes to Twin Lakes.  I know
some folks there and am sure they're doing what they can, but... natural
disasters are not something easily handled.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>