[outages] Canadawide Rogers Wireless outage

Rich Lafferty rich at lafferty.ca
Mon Apr 19 18:30:08 EDT 2021

I feel kind of weird sending an update that just says “yep, still out”, but it’s uncommon for a national wireless carrier to have a multi-hour outage, so:

Yep, still out.

Further coverage as we approach the *eleventh* hour:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-1.5992954

Since this is consumer wireless there are no NOC updates etc. and Rogers has not been forthcoming with details.

(One side element I find interesting: A lot of reporting has mentioned that the outage is most prevalent in [list of major Canadian cities] “according to downdetector.com”, but since DownDetector reflects absolute # of user reports, I suspect that is only saying that major cities have more people in them.)

-Rich

Rich Lafferty
rich at lafferty.ca / 647-377-1165
Toronto, Canada