[outages] List propagation improvement

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jul 29 23:28:53 EDT 2021

Thanks to Jared, who runs the machinery of the Outages lists, for hammering
on that machinery this week; propagation time through the list server appears
to have dropped from several hours to about 5 minutes.  :-)

Hopefully, this will have the effect on the lists of *reducing* overlapping
reports, since everyone will get to see them more timely... and not *increasing*
them (since everyone will get more of them to reply to).

We hope the lists remain a useful service to everyone, and if you want to
unsubscribe, remember that there's a link to do so in the footer of each
message you receiver.

And, as always, remember that if you send a message to outages, you may be
setting off 10,000 pagers.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

Ashworth & Associates       http://www.bcp38.info