[outages] DNS SERVFAIL for nist.gov

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Jun 14 11:22:12 EDT 2021

On 6/14/21 8:58 AM, Jay R. Ashworth via Outages wrote:
> [...]

In prior job, I did work for a datacenter.  Datacenter had both GPS and
NTP.  We monitored drift.  We saw drift.  At first, I was dumbfounded
that our NTP pool could be drifting.  Then I traced it back.  Found out
that there was a misconfiguration on the GPS Receiver side instead.

Lesson learned: run both, track both, use each to confirm the other.
Set one as priority over the other.