[outages] Google DNS

Andy Brezinsky andy at mbrez.com
Thu May 13 11:57:43 EDT 2021

For those that don't know this, if you want to know which cluster you're
hitting, you can run:

$ dig o-o.myaddr.l.google.com -t txt +short @8.8.8.8
"172.253.192.142"
"edns0-client-subnet x.x.x.0/24"

That will return the ipv4/ipv6 address of the server that handled your
request.  To get a list of what subnets map to which locations (airport
codes), you can run:

$ dig -t TXT +short locations.publicdns.goog. @8.8.8.8

snip... "172.253.192.0/24 cbf ..snip

cbf = Council Bluffs, IA