[outages] Facebook Down

Jürgen Botz jurgen at botz.org
Mon Oct 4 15:21:57 EDT 2021

It's worth noting that all these emails to the list are arriving on my
(independent) mail server late and out of order.  Unlikely to be
coincidence.

Somebody on Twitter said that the CEO of Cloudflare said that all of
Facebook's BGP routes "had been withdrawn", but that Tweet wasn't
from any particularly reliable source.  Still the problem does seem
go further than just DNS for Facebook properties.

-j