[outages] YouTube to force 2FA for monetized accounts next month - Gmail

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 20 20:50:51 EDT 2021

Or something very close to that.

  https://9to5google.com/2021/08/24/youtube-2-step-verification-requirement

Directly, that's not necessarily a big thing, but if you have a gmail account
associated with the YT account -- as they forced some years back -- and you've
forgotten about that, devices may not be able to send or receive email through
that account anymore either, and it's not clear whether you can turn 2FA back
off for such accounts, or de-associate them from the YT account.

I know this will break things as I had a client turn on 2FA for an account a
few months back, and their copier stopped being able to mail scans to people.

A low-impact problem... unless you have it.  And can't figure out why.

Replies to -discuss, as usual.

Cheers,
-- jra