[outages] Cogent Fiber Cut Birmingham?

richey goldberg richey.goldberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:37:21 EDT 2022

Does anyone know about a Cogent fiber cut in Birmingham, AL?    We have a customer who’s been down for 30+ hours and Cogent has given us a run around.   Their updates have been conflicting.   We have someone asking for updates every 4-5 hours and every update is different from the last.    Sometimes they tell us it’s fixed (when it’s not) then they tell us it’s being spliced, then they tell us a crew is in route.   They are all just random responses.    After 30+ hours I can’t imagine what they are doing that they have been on site splicing this long.    They can’t tell us where it is other than it’s a a 3rd party vendor they are relying on.

Does anyone have some insight on what’s really going on?

-richey