[outages] Windstream - Chicago - Packetloss/routing issues

Nate Burke nate at blastcomm.com
Tue Mar 1 11:53:19 EST 2022

We have a circuit with Windstream in Chicago.  It's an EPL, so I'm not
sure where the head end is.  Starting at 10amCST Our BGP Session was up
to AS 7029, but traffic level dropped to about 50% of normal, and was
having alot of packet loss to internet destinations.  I'm still on hold
with their NOC, wondering if anyone else is seeing similar out of
Chicago.  Traceroutes from the Internet looked like they were looping
within the Windstream network.