[outages] Evocative EWR1 (formerly INAP NYJ004)

Alex mr.alexey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:49:06 EDT 2023

We received the same update from the datacenter
Power remains off at our data center in Secaucus/EWR1 per the local fire
marshall.

We have had an electrical failure with one of our redundant UPS' that started to
smoke and then had a small fire in the UPS room. The fire department was
dispatched and the fire was extinguished quickly. The fire department
subsequently cut  power to the entire data center and disabled our generators
while they and the utility verify electrical system. We have been working with
both the fire department and the utility to expedite this process.

We are currently waiting on the fire marshall and local utility to reenergize
the site. We are completely dependent upon their inspection and approval. We are
hoping to get an update that we can share in the next hour.

At the current time, the fire department is controlling access to the building
and we will not be able to let customers in.