[outages] Trouble reaching Geneva

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sat Jun 17 06:19:19 EDT 2023

mike tancsa via Outages writes:
> Maybe related to
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/swiss-government-warns-of-ongoing-ddos-attacks-data-leak/

Right.  The "NoName DDoS" part of that article is probably more relevant
to these outages than the ransomware/Xplain parts.

Since Monday or Tuesday this week, there have been DDoS attacks to
various Swiss web sites, including (state/canton and municipal)
administration, transportation, and various others.  This is suspected
to be related to a speech (over VC) by the Ukrainian President at the
Swiss parliament this past Thursday and other signals from Swiss
politicians that certain circles interpret as "anti-Russian".
--
Simon.