[outages] Spectrum - Midwest US residential

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:57:21 EDT 2023

Anyone had issues the past 2 days ?

I have Spectrum in Cincinnati, OH and for the past 2 days or so I’ve had sites not loading, my monitoring systems alerting etc.  Seems to have been both v4+v6 (based on the alerts I got).  Wish I could catch it with a traceroute / RIPE atlas test but I haven’t been able to yet.

My guess is it’s something backbone/peering related.  I say this because when there is an OSP / last mile / CMTS type outage - Spectrum has been pretty good lately about pushing an alert to their app.  No trucks around that I’ve seen, cable modem hasn’t rebooted, levels all about the same etc.  I also called as usually they will have a message saying that they know about an outage in the area.  None of this this time.  I feel like those alerts only take into account “last mile” type issues.

I’m currently on our backup ISP and I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.