[outages] Optus/Akamai

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Nov 15 02:30:26 EST 2023

Those are actually one and the same if you think about it, but yes, you are correct… To make matters worse, it’s not particularly deterministic which routes are dropped.

However, I’ll make the argument that losing some random assortment of destinations is almost always going to be better than losing your entire ability to control your peering routers.

YMMV.

Owen