[outages] yahoo

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Mar 11 15:07:12 EDT 2024

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024, Cary Wiedemann via Outages wrote:

> Massive problems with email delivery to Yahoo and AOL today, they share a mail system on the back-end.  Microsoft issued advisory
> EX719348 last Thursday for their IPs being included in some DNSRBLs, and I still see some of their IPs on the Spamhaus RBL
> (40.107.102.127) but I'm not sure if that's the root cause.

Spamhaus has what they call a "Token" listing for that space.  That means
it's not present in any of the DNS zones (so no blocking should be done
based on the listing), but it's in the back-end DB for tracking purposes
and to generate a notification to Microsoft that they have an issue they
should deal with.