[rbak-nsp] First post - SEOS Features

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Fri Sep 15 08:11:36 EDT 2006

David,

>- - PPP Multilink for LNS
Oh yes that would be nice. :)

>- - Domain Wildcarding (i.e domain *.bar.com validates foo.bar.com)
Not currently of any use to me, but would of been in the past.

>- - Run active PIM with subscribers (not just passive)
>- - Permit intercontext PIM
Not used PIM

>- - Gige3 (PPA2) cards should take >16K subs (or circuits)
Yes please!!  I think thats more of a commercial issue than a technical one
though.  They would much rather sell you another
card at 30k than increase the sub limit.

>- - LNS Shaping for virtual circuits should work (think what happens when
>you use LNS group with dual PPA2 cards to overcome the above and want to
>shape them)
Not sure what this is.  Is this basic rate limiting or proper QoS shaping?

>- - Ability to create multiple un-named L2TP peers based on destination IP
Yes!  I have had issues with that a couple of times before and its been a
pain in the ****.

I'd also like to be able to pull traffic & packet info for L2TP tunnels via
SNMP.  I believe this
has been raised and theres plans for enhanced L2TP mibs 'in the future'.

Jim.