[rbak-nsp] SE-400 IP Pool Help

Sherwin Ang sherwin.ang at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 06:46:10 EST 2008

Hello Redback List,

i've added a new IP Pool to our SE-400 using this configuration:

 interface IPPOOL
  ip address 200.96.0.1/30
!
 interface POOL multibind lastresort
  ip unnumbered IPPOOL
  ip pool 200.96.96.0/19
  ip pool 200.96.204.0/22
  ip pool 200.96.252.0/22

 subscriber default
   ip address pool name POOL
   timeout idle 10
   ppp mtu 1492

Everything works great with regards to the Pool on our PPPoE but the
problem now is how the routes are redistributed and aggregated on our
BGP.

I have this configuration to aggregate and redistribute the routes.

 router bgp vpn
  address-family ipv4 unicast
   export route-target 999:4
   import route-target 999:4
   redistribute connected
   redistribute subscriber address
   redistribute static
   aggregate-address 200.96.96.0/19 summary-only
   aggregate-address 200.96.204.0/22 summary-only
   aggregate-address 200.96.252.0/22 summary-only

it looks correct but when i take a look at the BGP peer's routing
table, it's getting a lot of /32's from the subscriber pool.  i now
have like 8,000+ of them and growing.  The routes are not advertised
without redistribute subscriber.  I tried putting a route-map and a
prefix-filter to match only the supernets (/19's,/22's) but since it's
still sending /32's, it won't match.

I hope someone can point me to the right direction.

Thank you.

-Sherwin