[rbak-nsp] SE100 /pppoe - hints needed

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed Mar 12 17:57:02 EDT 2008

> 1. yes, you can change the service name advertised in PPPoE discovery
> pkts.

great ;-)

> 2. it should be possible to start several PPPoE services advertised on
> a single vlan. the "pppoe services marked-domains" config will cause
> all domain names (configured with the 'advertise' keyword) under the
> multiple contexts to be advertised in the PADIs . does this work?

yes, that's what I was looking for.
There is also an option to apply service-policy
[local]RedBack_SE100(config-dot1q-child-proto)#bind authentication chap
service-policy
so, if I have 10 PPPoE services and I want to advertise 2 or 3 to single
vlan, this should help to filter them.

> 3. you can configure multiple encapsulations (DHCP and PPPoE) under
> one PVC simultaneously.

It seems that I can also bind a regular interface to dot1q pvc paralelly to
pppoe and clips ;-)

> but i didn't understand your statement completely. the subscriber who
> has got an IP address through DHCP, will not subsequently start any
> PPPoE negotiation with the SE100. he can be redirected to a webportal
> before allowing Internet access, though.

Yes, this is what I mean.
The radio access network is based on something like 802.11a (mikrotik
based).
So, this network will be basically opend - if anyone attaches to any base
station,
he will be assigned private ip address.
Any access atempt to Internet resources will cause redirection to website
informing
about legal access options, contact information, contac form etc. + info
that if you
are existing customer, please download (link) application, use your
username/pass
 from agreement and have an access to the Internet.

SIP Devices will be configured by our service staff.

Most of existing customers will automatically click the link to "dial-up"
Internet service.

So, as I see this could be done with encapsulation multi.

However, DHCP and CLIPS at RedBack is something that I don't understand
(I'am rather linux mind)... So probably next set of questions will be about
DHCP/Clips.

- I have one more question at the moment:
 subscriber name marcin
   password marcin
   ip address pool name pppoe1
   dns primary 195.66.73.11
   dns secondary 195.66.73.4
   shaping-profile test
   rate circuit in 128 burst 256
   rate circuit out 128 burst 256

the rate is not working, I mean I could download files at ethernet speed...
How can I activate such limits ?

Regards,
Marcin