[rbak-nsp] pppoe service-policy on SEOS6.1.1.4 / ip assignment

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Sat May 10 15:36:12 EDT 2008

> I just had to figure this out not too long ago. The documentation
> isn't very clear.
>
> Create an interface for the pool. I gave it a /30
>
> interface IPPool
>  ip address x.x.x.x/30
>
> Next, create a 2nd interface as last resort
>
> interface pool multibind lastresort
>  ip unnumbered IPPool
>  ip pool x.x.x.0/24
>  ip pool x.x.x.0/24

thanks a lot.
I did it with a little modification:

!
 interface ip-pool loopback
  ip address 89.200.231.1/32
!
 interface pool multibind lastresort
  ip unnumbered ip-pool
  ip pool 89.200.231.0/24
!

so, I used /32 for the "gateway" interface, but then it must be loopback
interface - hope this will work too ;-)

as I understand, all subscribers will get the same gateway no matter from
which pool
their IP will be assigned.

btw, do you know how to limit numer of sessions per subscriber to 1 ?
I don't want 2 the same login sessions to be used paralelly, if the second
comes, I want the
first to be dropped out.

Regards,
Marcin