[rbak-nsp] clips "clear subscriber" and nak

Frans Legdeur frans at falco-networks.com
Fri Mar 27 11:08:13 EDT 2009

Hi Marcin,

As you know, the DHCP protocol needs to take action with a renew request of
the lease from the client before it can answer the NAK.

Since this is half way the lease time, you can also play with the fact that
the lease time for subscribers that are part of the unauthorized pool should
be set as small as possible.
With Redback that comes down to 5 minutes if I'm correct.

Using an external DHCP server, this can be set even smaller, so that your
client will react each 30 seconds (or less) to see if the lease is still
valid. This is only interesting for subscribers that need to get away from
this area, due to authentication reasons.

As far as I know, this is how I would try to solve the puzzle.

Kind regards,

Frans.