[rbak-nsp] dot1Q circuit traffic counters

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Sun Oct 4 10:50:46 EDT 2009

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU wrote:
> I've checked and all my boxes have "snmp server enhance ifmib" activated.
>
> However, I have two problems:
>
> 1) Current SNMP data collections is done using SNMPv1 (Cacti)
> 2) I don't CLI have access to the NMS to issue some get/walk to see
> what I get by manually pointing to IfInOctets.index
>
> Maybe someone else here on the list can do a v1 snmpget for a
> particular circuit to see if any value different than 0 is retrieved.

As I remember, we use even MRTG for reading particular dot1q PVC counters:
Target[redback_2-3-431]: 16777420:public at 10.100.10.55::1:1::2

however, ifIndex is the one of the nasty parts of SEOS.. If you reload
the router and have changed/added some dot1q pvc most of the ifIndexes
will change...
In SE400 with dual XCRP this is less problematic than in SE100..

Regards,
Marcin