[rbak-nsp] SE800 QoS architecture

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Fri Sep 11 13:09:31 EDT 2009

 > We also use intercontext routing, but run an IGP (routing protocol) ,
such as OSPF or IS-IS to create a loop free topology. We do not exchange
default routes across this
Ah.. I read it as only allowing intercontext static routes and not
routing protocols.  I would use the static routes between contexts just
to route the loopbacks between them and then run BGP/OSPF etc between
the loopbacks then - makes sense. :)

 >and admin shutting the l2tp peer
How do you admin shut an l2tp peer?  I must be blind as I cant see an
option for that..  I have just set a max-sessions before to resrict new
subs.

We do a similar thing with rebalancing out of hours at present, but with
the new contexts will have Radius automagically directing subs to lesser
loaded tunnels and away from any overloaded so hopefully we wont need to
force a rebalance unless its really bad.

Thanks.

Jim.