[rbak-nsp] XC between Contexts

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 06:38:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

We are curious to know, is there any way to terminate the PPPoE traffic over
an XC(l2vpn) inside two contexts in one SE-100, instead of using two SE-100
(one for terminating XC and one for terminating PPPoE) ?

Now, for this purpose, we installed a Cat-6 cable between two physical ports
(e.g. Eth2/15 & Eth2/16). The XC is terminated on a PVC on Eth2/15 and PPPoE
traffic is passed to a PVC on Eth2/16 via the physical cable. In the other
hand, Eth2/15 and Eth2/16 is connected to each other via a Cat6 cable.

We want to know is there any way to avoid using this cable? For example,
Does inter-context routing help us in this regard?

Thanx

Ali