[rbak-nsp] Loading SEOS in Compact Flash Card - Help

Navin Nepali navin_n at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 04:59:37 EDT 2010

Thanks a lot for support!!!

The card is working already. :)

--- On Wed, 8/11/10, Marcin Kuczera <marcin at leon.pl> wrote:

From: Marcin Kuczera <marcin at leon.pl>
Subject: Re: [rbak-nsp] Loading SEOS in Compact Flash Card - Help
To: "Navin Nepali" <navin_n at yahoo.com>
Cc: redback-nsp at puck.nether.net
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 11:17 AM

Navin Nepali wrote:
> Recently I have problem with the CF card in one XCRP and now i have replaced the CF card in that. Now the system is running in Standby XCRP (now active).
>  Now i want to load the SEOS in that CF card. Please suggest me how to do it.
>  1. Is it possible to copy the image from the Active card?
> 2. using "installsys" do i need to format the Vxworks CF or just NetBSD CF only?

can refer only to second question as I have only SE100.
You can format both cards, but - if you have replaced larger one (NetBSD) it is enough to format only NetBSD CF.
You also do not need to format external CF (installsys will ask for that).

The most problematic card is NetBSD CF.
But, if you have failure @ VxWorks CF that card can not be replaced with any other. There is upper size limitation for it, otherwise VxWorks will not boot.
I have never had a problem with VxWorks CF, but I tested that.
2G CF didn't work there, as I remember that could be 512k (original in SE100 is 256k).
It is problematic to buy such a low capacity cards, but - look @ ebay, you can still get them.
I keep some on spare stock in a case of a problem ;)

The same with NetBSD CF - it is good to keep some suitable CF on stock.

Regards,
Marcin