[rbak-nsp] Two-Layer QoS

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 01:15:00 EDT 2010

Hi All

We want to have two-Layer QoS for our PPPoE Subscriber with using queuing.
Let me explain my scenario. We have a SE-100. In this SE-100, we terminate
PPPoE sessions while assigning them Queuing QoS policy for Download. The
configuration for this Queuing is something like this:

qos policy 128SharedUserRx pwfq

 rate maximum 1152

rate minimum 128

num-queues 1

queue 0 priority 0 weight 100

!

Or

qos policy 256SharedUserRx pwfq

 rate maximum 1536

rate minimum 256

num-queues 1

queue 0 priority 0 weight 100

!

Each time a PPPOE session is established,this QoS policy is assigned to the
session. These PPPoE sessions are terminated inside of a dot1q pvc.
Something like this:

port ethernet 2/2

mtu 1400

no shutdown

medium-type copper

encapsulation dot1q

dot1q pvc  106  encapsulation pppoe

  description PPPoE-CO1

  bind authentication pap context PPPOE maximum 8000

We want to put another level of QoS on dot1q pvc for providing some sort of
differentiation between assigned QoS Policies to each subscriber. I mean
each time the uplink toward PPPoE Subscribers is congested, The user with
higher Queuing rate will receive higher amount of bandwidth in comparison
with PPPoE user with lower queuing rate.(It does not matter how much rate is
assigned to each subscriber, we just need user with higher queuing rate
receives more bandwidth). We tried several configurations but none of them
works.

Can anyone help us out?

Thanx

Alireza