[rbak-nsp] SE100 and issue after network loop

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Feb 23 16:55:58 EST 2010

hello,

I have generated "accidentally ofcourse" a loop in a network.
Well, very short because of quick reaction (I was on site).

But, the problem is that all 4 ports in SE100 stopped working.
They were blinking, but there was no communication at all.
No ARP, no ICMP - from switch perspective - no RX (so no TX on RedBack).

The only command that helped was "reload card 2"

No suspicious info in log.
It was not the first time (2nd or 3rd).

Did anyone of you had seen something similar ?
SEOS-6.1.3.6-Release

I have also another SE100, it was connected to another switch, but also
a member of a loop.
SEOS-6.2.1.1-Release - no problems here.

Regards,
Marcin