[rbak-nsp] Inter-context routing

jim at scusting.com jim at scusting.com
Thu Jan 7 07:00:55 EST 2010

Thanks - that got the BGP up.  I have now setup the contexts as
route-reflector clients and I'm now having issues with the routes which
the context announces onto another device.

---------------------------------
context BLAH-L06
  interface loop0 loopback
  ip address 10.0.4.5/32

 router bgp 65100
  peer-group WBS internal
   next-hop-self
   address-family ipv4 unicast
    route-map Routes_to_WBS out

  neighbor 10.0.3.83 internal
   peer-group WBS
---------------------------------

Now if I go to 10.0.3.83 and look at a route received from BLAH-L06
which originated in context BLAH-L05 I see:

lon-gs1wbs#sh ip bgp 10.0.1.205
BGP routing table entry for 10.0.1.205/32, version 114
Paths: (1 available, no best path)
Flag: 0x820
  Not advertised to any peer
  Local
    10.0.4.5 (inaccessible) from 10.0.3.88 (10.0.4.6)
      Origin incomplete, metric 0, localpref 100, valid, internal
      Originator: 10.0.4.5, Cluster list: 10.0.4.6

Why is context BLAH-L06 announcing this route with a next hop of
10.0.4.5 which is in context  BLAH-L05?  The peer-group is setup with
'next-hop-self' so should that not mean it should announce the route
with itself as the nexthop - ie 10.0.4.6 (or the physical IP 10.0.3.88) ?

Thanks,.

Jim.