[rbak-nsp] SE400 link aggregation problem with load balancing

Blake Willis blake at ibrowse.com
Thu Jan 21 06:40:45 EST 2010

On 21 Jan 2010, at 07:39, redback-nsp-request at puck.nether.net wrote:

>> link-group hsiUplink-2PCh ether
>>  bind interface uplink-2 hsi
>>
>> port ethernet 1/5
>>  link-group hsiUplink-2PCh
>> !
>> port ethernet 1/7
>>  link-group hsiUplink-2Ch
>> !
>> port ethernet 3/12
>>  link-group hsiUplink-2PCh
>> !

Hi Elma,

	I'm not sure if this is in the config on your box as well or just
your mail, but it seems that you have a typo in the link-group name
on eth 1/7 (you have "2Ch" not "2PCh").

	Another suggestion (but this is just a guess) is that you might try
putting all the LAG members on the same linecard so that they all use
the same traffic manager chip (you can get more info with "show card
X tm aggregate detail").  I don't have personal experience with this
as we only have SE100s here (which only have 1 "card"), but it may be
worth trying.

	It might not help in your particular case as your issue is with L2
LAG, but I always make sure I have "service load-balance ip layer-4"
turned on on my boxes (if your version of SEOS supports it).

	Best of luck.

  -Blake

---
  Blake Willis