[rbak-nsp] Redback Firmware and PPPoE subscribers disconnecting after 60 seconds

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Fri Jul 2 09:47:18 EDT 2010

Curtis,

     IIRC, the SE line is licensed in blocks of 1000 concurrent sessions
so you may be running into a licensing restriction.  There isn't a
problem (AFAIK) related to number of sessions with that version of code.

On 7/1/2010 7:28 PM, Curtis Raams wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have recently purchased a Redback SE400 running (6.1.1.5-Release)
>
> We are having some problems running DSL services on this router. Once
> we hit about 4,000 subscribers the redback begins to terminate new
> subscriber sessions after a successful auth.
>
> Radius Authenticates Ok.
>
> Redback Accepts the Auth and establishes session.
>
> However at around 60 seconds, the redback fails to maintain a
> keep-alive to the PPP session and terminates it.
>
> As I understand this can be fixed with a newer firmware release,
> however Ericsson in Australia will not support the device as it is end
> of life (here at least).
>
> Is someone willing to email me a newer firmware release, or
> alternatively, have you experienced a similar issue yourself and have
> a resolution?
>
> Thanks
>
> Curtis

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ISP Alliance, Inc. DBA ZCorum
(678) 507-5000
Looking for hand-selected news, views and
tips for independent broadband providers?

Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/ZCorum