[rbak-nsp] additional ID in Radius request

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Mon Jul 26 09:20:22 EDT 2010

Denis Mikhaylovskiy wrote:
> The source context of access request is what you have specified in aaa global config. Or you may have aaa last-resort context. Or you can statically bind it to any context like this:
> dot1q pvc 100
>   service clips dhcp context NAME
>
> So the answer is depending on your actual config.

  dot1q pvc 15 encapsulation multi
   service clips dhcp context clips
   circuit protocol pppoe
    bind authentication chap maximum 2000
  dot1q pvc 3800 encapsulation multi
   service clips dhcp context wifi1
   circuit protocol pppoe
    bind authentication chap maximum 2000

So, this is static bind however, there are 2 context that are used for
CLIPs - clips and wifi1

And - I want i.e. subscribers to be recognized from where they are
sourced (depending on PVC) and then bind them with one or second context.
If this is done by MAC address - this is not a problem, if IP is to be
allocated dynamically from pool and no MAC is analysed at authentication
time - it is a problem.

Our case - all CLIPS subscribers are authenticated allways even if they
are not defined in radius but..
- if they are defined in radius, they will receive IP from radius
(public) with proper profile
- if they are not defined in radius, they will receive IP from DHCP
(redback), private IP and from radius additionally profile with redirect
to "auathorized" website.

Regards,
Marcin