[rbak-nsp] MPPP LCP keepalive ECHO's on SMS

Arjan Van Der Oest Arjan at voiceworks.nl
Wed Aug 10 11:44:02 EDT 2011

On 10Aug, 2011, at 16:43 , Ronald Voermans wrote:

> Arjan,
>
> Are you doing OAM for you DSL lines?
>
> Configure something like
>
> oam manage end-to-end auto-loopback regular-timeout 30 retry-timeout 3 up-retry-count 2 down-retry-count 3
>
> on your atm-profile(s).
>
> We had to configure this also (on a SE100) for MPPP to work!

I'm not sure this is supported on the SMS too, I'll dig into it. I've found the LCP ECHO solution, it's a per-context configuration option on the SMS:

ppp keepalive check-interval seconds 10
ppp keepalive response-timeout 30
ppp keepalive retries 3
ppp keepalive data-check

I have to verify the optimal settings, but these are causing the links to be monitored and removed from the mppp bundle when inactive.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjan van der Oest
Senior Network Engineer / Security Officer

Voiceworks BV - Editiestraat 29 - 1321 NG Almere
Mobile : (+31) (0)36 7600 197