[rbak-nsp] today's BGP issue...

Jeff Tantsura jeff.nsp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:36:57 EST 2011

Marcin,

Why don't you read RFC4271, the only method to notify a peer about error
condition is to send a Notification and reset the session.

1. Introduction

   According to the base BGP specification [RFC4271
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4271>], a BGP speaker that
   receives an UPDATE message containing a malformed attribute is
   required to reset the session over which the offending attribute was
   received

There is a recent development, namely  draft-ietf-idr-optional-transitive
to address this issue, however it is still a draft, not a normative
document to follow/implement.
You might also want to read draft-ietf-idr-as0-00, there's a reason for it
and just for your understanding for a personal draft to become a working
group document, there must be ratehr great support for it.

Why don't you call names vendors which allow to to set AGGREGATOR to 0 in
first place :)?

Regards,
Jeff