[rbak-nsp] QoS policy counters

Blake Willis blake at ibrowse.com
Tue Feb 22 12:49:07 EST 2011

On 22 Feb 2011, at 18:00, redback-nsp-request at puck.nether.net wrote:

> I have metering, policing and pwfq policies in place with rate
> limits, does anybody know the command which will tell me if these
> rates are being matched and the current throughput rate for the
> policy.

Hi Richard,

"sh circuit counters <subs ID> queue" will get you started:

Redback#sh circuit counters L2TP LNS 2064 queue
Circuit: L2TP LNS 2064, Internal id: 5/2/2064, Queue Policy: link-4q
Queue  Depth     (Pkts/Bytes) Sent            WRED Drops
Tail Drops
  0         0                234125
0                      0
                           15945561
0                      0
  1         0                 27365
0                      0
                            2820133
0                      0
  2         0              25452606
0                      0
                         7677670353
0                      0
  3         0              37254322
0                   9743
                        28143558041
0               14070564

of course that just gets you total sent bytes, but at least you can
check if WRED is dropping anything or if you're filling any queues.

The most information comes from "show card X circuit handle <handle>
detail", where X is the card number where the circuit you're
interested in is bound, and the handle is the full circuit handle
from "show subscribers active session <subs ID>".  Haven't really dug
around to see if any published MIBs support this stuff yet, but my
guess would be that it probably isn't too difficult for the "circuit
counters" command, but that the blob of info you get in the "card"
commands is pretty much internal.

Hope that helps...

---
  Blake Willis