[rbak-nsp] Interface status

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon Jan 24 19:26:33 EST 2011

You need a subscriber attached to this interface in order for it to register
as ³Up²

I.e, when you start assigning subscribers addresses from this range from
your AAA , they will bind here and the interface will be activated.

Dave.

On 24/01/2011 22:55, "Judith Sanders" <jasanders at ptci.com> wrote:

> I have added a new pool of IP¹s  addresses in a context.  I am not able to
> ping this interface from my facing border router.  I get the error below-
> states interface is unbound.  I have never run into this before, any ideas?
>
> Intf name:      Static-Group-09
> Intf state:     UnBound                   MTU:            0
> IP address:     65.255.83.1               Prefix len:     24
> Resoln type:    Arp                       ARP timeout:    3600
> ARP proxy:      Disabled                  ARP secured:    Enabled
> Number of Bound Circuits (incl. dynamic) = 0
>
> Here is the configuration:
> interface Static-Group-09 multibind
>   ip address 65.255.83.1/24
>   ip arp secured-arp
>
> Judith Sanders
> Pioneer Telephone
> Inside Plant Networking Services
> jasanders at ptci.com <mailto:jasanders at ptci.com>  405.375.0645
> "Hope is not a dream, but a way of making dreams become reality."
> ­ Cardinal Leon Joseph Suenens
>

> ***************************
> This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
> for the use of the individual or entity  for whom it is addressed.  It
> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all paper and
> electronic copies of this message and its contents.  Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or any file
> attachments is strictly prohibited.

David Freedman
Group Network Engineering

david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Tel +44 (0) 20 7685 8000

Claranet Group
21 Southampton Row
London - WC1B 5HA - UK
http://www.claranet.com

Company Registration: 3152737 - Place of registration: England

All the information contained within this electronic message from Claranet
Ltd is covered by the disclaimer at http://www.claranet.co.uk/disclaimer