[rbak-nsp] off topic - GPON

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Mon Jul 18 16:49:57 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'am writting here because some of you probably have a contact with xPON
systems.

What can you (if you can ;) say about GPON (not GEPON) interoperability ?

I mean, let's pick Ericsson's OLT. Do you have any experience when
operator want's to use a lot of different ONUs ?

I'am interested up to the level of configuration:
- vlans
- IGMP fast leave
- stp
- all other related to L1/L2 functions
How much is that standardized ? What can be expected.

I undestand that L3 (POTS, wifi, router) will be vendor specific and
provisioning of this part may not be standardized.

As far now we have some experience with Corecess GEPON, but
interoperability here doesn't look good...

Regards,
Marcin