[rbak-nsp] PWFQ to prioritise L2TP towards LAC

Ian Calderbank ian at calderbankconsulting.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 04:22:52 EST 2011

I like to answer the question someone was going to ask next J

The system marks all packets that it originates as cs6 by default. This is
the same on most big-box routers.

The only way to separate l2tp control from l2tp data with a metering policy
on the interface that carries the tunnel is on DSCP. They are otherwise
identical at that point (udp 1701 src/dst=tunnel endpoints)

Cheers

Ian