[rbak-nsp] PWFQ on 10GE card SE800

Frans Legdeur frans at falco-networks.com
Tue May 10 10:25:05 EDT 2011

Hi Alieza,

Unfortunately, both single port 10G cards use PPA-2, which doesn¹t support
your requested PWFQ.
You would need the 4 port 10G card: 10ge-4-port with PPA-3.

Per manual:
The 1-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet (1x10GE) card is designed for traffic
management using the second-generation PPAs. This card has an increased
minimum memory capacity of 1 GB and can process data internally to match the
speed of the port, which runs at 10 Gbps.

The 4-port 10GE is a DDR-based card designed to address the requirements for
applications and services with large volumes of network traffic. Each 4-port
10GE DDR card is optimized to deliver Ethernet services, operates as an
uplink to other switches and routers in the network or for interconnectivity
between two SmartEdge routers.
This PPA3-based card has an increased port density compared with previous
10GE cards. It supports up to 48K circuits per card. This 4-port 10GE DDR
card is capable of a maximum throughput of 20 Gbps. It can be used in
ingress oversubscription mode at a maximum of 2 to 1 (40 Gbps over four 10GE
faceplate ports; 20 Gbps within the card and across the backplane). Ports on
this card can be configured in one of two ingress oversubscription modes for
incoming traffic: priority-based packet discard for traffic from trusted
networks and random-based packet discard from unfiltered nontrusted
networks.

The 1-port 10GE/OC-192c DDR-based card designed for traffic management using
second-generation PPAs. This multimode DDR card supports the 10GE LAN-PHY,
10GE WAN-PHY, 10GE-DWDM, POS OC-192c, OC-192c DWDM, or OTN-DWDM modes for
the SmartEdge routers.

This card supports a minimum of 1 GB of memory capacity and can process data
internally to match the speed of the port ‹ 10.3125 Gbps in 10GE LAN-PHY or
10GE-DWDM mode; 9.953 Gbps in 10GE WAN-PHY, POS OC-192c, or OC-192c DWDM
mode; and 11.0957 Gbps in OTN-DWDM mode.

For Ethernet LAN-PHY and WAN-PHY modes, this card supports dot1q, PPPoE, and
plain Ethernet encapsulations. For POS mode, it supports PPP, HDLC, and FR
encapsulations.

Kind regards,

Frans.