[rbak-nsp] Bulkstats scaling and performance

John Serra womble1950 at live.com
Mon Oct 17 07:38:22 EDT 2011

Hello.

I have been trying out bulkstats at the subscriber level and it does just what I need, but we only have a few users on our SmartEdge at present and I was wondering how well it scales.  We are currently doing 5 minute sample and transfers for users upload/download counters which is great, but would this still be possible when we have 50,000 users on the device or would that kill the CPU?

Does anyone have experience of how well bulkstats works with high subscriber counts?  Is it even feasible when the subscriber base is large or would the sample frequency have to be reduced drastically?

Thanks.

John.