[rbak-nsp] SE600 BGP Session drops

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Apr 19 07:33:01 EDT 2012

Hi Florian,

> has anyone else Full Routing on their Smartedges and saw BGP Session
> drop yesterday? We had BGP drops simultanous on all Smartedges.

Not yesterday, but we had this several times last year.
You will find some threads about this in the nanog mailing list.

The reason is, that someone sends this wrong aggregator AS0. The Redbacks reset then the BGP-Session (like described in the RFC).

We've seen this here in SEOS 6.4.1.2. After installing a patched BGPD (got it from Ericsson Support) in this SEOS the problem seems to be away.
Don't know, if the behaviour is the same in 6.5 train.

--
Regards

Thomas Voigt