[rbak-nsp] SMS PPPoE RADIUS Config

Chris L cjl at viptalk.net
Thu Aug 2 21:53:46 EDT 2012

Could someone please share the radius reply items they are returning for the initial on-demand ATM PVC authentication from a Redback device that tells it to start up a PPPoE session on the PVC?

I know it's old hardware but it's for a temporary project.

This is what we receive at the RADIUS server when there's activity on the on-demand PVC.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.99.99.12 port 1812, id=200, length=82
	User-Name = "RDBACKS5P0.0.502"
	User-Password = "Redback"
	NAS-Identifier = "8873-Redback"
	Service-Type = Dialout-Framed-User
	NAS-Port = 208350

>From looking at the static configs in the manual, the attributes below look like what needs to be returned to put the circuit in PPPoE mode.

I'm returning this but I'm never seeing the PPPoE authentication packet from the client router hit RADIUS.  In fact,   A circuit is never created in the SMS.  These exchanges just keep repeating.

Login OK: [rdbacks5p0.0.502] (from client 1928redback port 208496)
Sending Access-Accept of id 102 to 172.99.99.12 port 1812
	Service-Type = Framed-User
	PVC_Profile_Name = "1000-384"
	Bind_Auth_Context = "pppoecontext"
	PVC_Encapsulation_Type = AAA-ENCAPS-ATM-PPPOE
	Bind_Type = AAA-AUTH-BIND

Any help appreciated.