[rbak-nsp] pppoe - context - port

"Kuba" Dawid Chrzan dawid.chrzan at pszczyna.net.pl
Sun Dec 9 05:55:14 EST 2012

Hi,
You are right.
[local]Redback(config-ctx)#show configuration verbose | inc aaa

shows

  aaa authentication subscriber local

Thanks.

But ia still not able to authenticate.
I changed config a little.  Context bgp is not operating.

18:19:06 pppoe,ppp,info pppoe-out1: terminating... - failed to
authenticate ourse
lves to peer

I am trying to set up pppoe client at mikrotik.
[admin at MikroTik] /interface pppoe-client> print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
  0    name="pppoe-out1" max-mtu=1492 max-mru=149
       interface=vlan701 user="test at pppoe.ig.pl"
       profile=default service-name="" ac-name=""
       dial-on-demand=no use-peer-dns=yes allow=chap

[admin at MikroTik] /interface pppoe-client> scan
interface: vlan701
SERVICE                         MAC-ADDRESS       AC-NAME

pppoe.ig.pl                     00:30:88:1C:EF:EE SE1001

service multiple-contexts
!
service inter-context routing

!
dpi traffic-management protocol http escape-conversion
!
context local
!
  no ip domain-lookup
!
  interface managment
!
  interface mgmt
   ip address 91.225.189.2/28
  logging console
!
  enable encrypted 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
  aaa authentication administrator local
!
  administrator admin encrypted 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    privilege start 10
    privilege max 15
!
!
  ip route 0.0.0.0/0 91.225.189.1
  service ssh server
  service telnet server
!
!
!
!
context pppoe
  domain pppoe.ig.pl advertise
!
  no ip domain-lookup
!
  interface v701
   ip address 1.1.1.100/24
!
  interface v702
   ip address 1.1.2.100/24
  no logging console
!
  aaa authentication administrator local
  aaa authentication administrator maximum sessions 1
!
!
  subscriber name test2
    password test2
    ip address 91.225.189.101
    ppp mtu 1492
    dns primary 8.8.8.8
    dns secondary 8.8.4.4
  subscriber name test
    password test
    ip address 91.225.189.100
    ppp mtu 1492
    dns primary 8.8.8.8
    dns secondary 8.8.4.4
!
  ip route 0.0.0.0/0 context local
!
!
!
!
context bgp
!
  no ip domain-lookup
  no logging console
!
  router bgp 197592
   router-id 91.225.189.2
   fast-reset 10000 milliseconds
   address-family ipv4 unicast
    flap-statistics
    network 91.225.188.0/22
!
   neighbor 11.11.11.11 external
     remote-as 111111
     send community
     send ext-community
    address-family ipv4 unicast
       route-map FullView in
       prefix-list ourAS out
       route-map uplink1-out out
!
   neighbor 22.22.22.22 external
     remote-as 222222
     send community
     send ext-community
    address-family ipv4 unicast
       route-map FullView in
       prefix-list ourAS out
       route-map uplink2-out out
!
!
!
!
! ** End Context **
  logging tdm console
  logging active
  logging standby short
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
port ethernet 1/1
! XCRP management port on slot 1
  no shutdown
!
card carrier 2
  mic 1 ge-2-port
  mic 2 ge-2-port
!
port ethernet 2/1
  no shutdown
  medium-type copper
  bind interface mgmt local
!
port ethernet 2/2
  no shutdown
  medium-type copper
  encapsulation dot1q
  dot1q pvc 701 encapsulation multi
   bind interface v701 pppoe
   circuit protocol pppoe
    bind authentication chap maximum 2000
  dot1q pvc 702 encapsulation multi
   bind interface v702 pppoe
   circuit protocol pppoe
    bind authentication chap maximum 2000
!
port ethernet 2/3
  no shutdown
  encapsulation dot1q
!
port ethernet 2/4
  shutdown
!
port ethernet 2/15
  shutdown
!
port ethernet 2/16
  shutdown
!
!
no service console-break
!
service crash-dump-dram
!
no service auto-system-recovery
!
!
!
  pppoe services marked-domains
  pppoe tag ac-name SE1001
  pppoe always-send-padt
!

> Hi,
>
> I'm 90% sure thats a default setting "show config verbose | inc aaa"
>
> Chris
>
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM, "Kuba" Dawid Chrzan
> <dawid.chrzan at pszczyna.net.pl <mailto:dawid.chrzan at pszczyna.net.pl>> wrote:
>
>     W dniu 2012-12-06 23:09, Larry Jones napisał(a):
>
>         For local aaa auth you need to add:
>
>         config
>         context pppoe
>         aaa authen subscriber local
>         end
>
>         With curent config login to either context like this:
>
>         localusername at contextname
>         ex:
>         test at pppoe   for pppoe context
>         test2 at pppoe2   for pppoe context
>
>         you can add a domain to the context
>
>         config
>         context pppoe
>         domain testdomain.com <http://testdomain.com>
>         end
>         login will then be:
>
>         test at testdomain.com <mailto:test at testdomain.com> or test at pppoe
>

>     Hi Larry,
>     thanks for clearing it up for me.
>
>     When i set
>     aaa authen subscriber local
>
>     nothing happens
>
>     [local]Redback# config
>     Enter configuration commands, one per line, 'end' to exit
>     [local]Redback(config)# context pppoe
>     [local]Redback(config-ctx)# aaa authen subscriber local
>     [local]Redback(config-ctx)# end
>     [local]Redback#show configuration context pppoe | begin aaa
>
>       aaa authentication administrator local
>       aaa authentication administrator maximum sessions 1
>     !
>     !
>

>     Version of SEOS
>
>     Redback Networks SmartEdge OS Version SEOS-11.1.2.6-Release
>     Built by sysbuild at swb-node32 Thu Oct 25 11:58:04 PDT 2012
>     Copyright (C) 1998-2012, Redback Networks Inc. All rights reserved.
>     System Bootstrap version is PowerPC,rev2.0.1.2
>     Installed minikernel version is 2.6
>     Router Up Time -   1 day, 13 hours 49 minutes 30 secs
>

>     --
>     Pozdrawiam
>
>     "Kuba" Dawid Chrzan
>     pszczyna.net.pl <http://pszczyna.net.pl>