[rbak-nsp] faulty ARP process ?

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Dec 18 07:44:51 EST 2012

On 2012-12-17 16:46, ?ukasz Sierz.e;ga wrote:
> I saw something similar on older software ~6.1.4.
>
> I've set very long arp timeout to workaround this and don't know it was fixed
> later.

We had this situation again, this  morning.
I don't think it's solution here.

Behaviour is like that:
- everything works fine
- some entries disappear from arp-cache
- "sniffing" on dead hosts shows, that SmartEdge does not send any ARP
requests, nor responds for requests from remote hosts (only particular
ones).
- rest of host work fine, ARPs go in both directions.

- restart of arp process resolves this issue till next time (usually ~24h)

Regards,
Marcin