[rbak-nsp] Behaviour of "bind subscriber"

Navin Nepali navin_n at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 09:46:06 EST 2012

Thank you Navin for your reply.

If i understand you correctly, that means that the ip address
    10.1.1.3 has to configured manually at the customer premise
    equipment?

Is there a way to communicate the statically configured ip address
    10.1.1.3 through DHCP to the CPE? I mean, i want to always give the
    subscriber ABC the ip address 10.1.1.3 through DHCP.
>>> If you configure the User ABC with the ip 10.1.1.3, then this user ABC will get the always get this IP from the IP pool. However if 10.1.1.3 is used by other user from the pool. Then the user ABC will not be able to login.
interface adsl multibind
  ip address 10.1.0.1/16
  ip arp secured-arp
  ip pool 10.1.0.0/16
In case of DHCP also, the scenario is same.

Regards,
Chetan

On 02/29/2012 07:52 PM, Navin Nepali wrote:

Dear all,

>I am new to redback. Pardon me if this is something very
          trivial . I am trying to understand this configuration.

>port ethernet 2/5
> description ABC
> no shutdown
> encapsulation dot1q
> dot1q pvc 1000
>  bind subscriber ABC at local
>
> subscriber name ABC
>   password 1234
>   ip address 10.1.1.3
>
> interface XYZ multibind
>  ip address 10.1.0.1/16
>
>1. Does this mean the subscriber on pvc 1000 gets the ip
          address 10.1.1.3?