[rbak-nsp] hello I am newbe in se100

Blake Willis blake at ibrowse.com
Fri Jan 20 12:32:29 EST 2012

Добрый вечер Роман,

	We had the same error message, at the rate of several per minute,
last year from April until November.  It was bad enough that we wrote
a specific regex into our syslog server to filter it.  Ericsson was
never able to give us a straight answer as to which circuit it was
really on (255/1 doesn't even show up in any of the "hidden" show
card 2 commands) nor what kind of packets were causing the message
(i.e. what that "protocol" number really means), and eventually
closed our case as we're running 6.1.3.9 on the box in question,
which seems to be unsupported now.

	One day in Novemember, the packets just stopped.

	The good news is that the messages appear to be purely cosmetic.
Given that the message is "Cannot read hdr of pak", my best guess was
that they were IPSec AH packets that the PPA didn't know what to do
with (I've seen Cisco Cat6500s in the past with the PFC3BXL ASIC
being unable to forward IPSec AH flows and just punting to the
supervisor processor as a result; as the control-plane CPU on those
supervisors is about as powerful as a smartphone & the scheduler
stinks it doesn't take much traffic to make its life very
unpleasant).  They could also have been UDP tiny frags or other
similar trash traffic that packet forwarding ASICs traditionally have
trouble with.

	Do let us know if you open a case & Ericsson comes back with useful
information.  Best of luck.

  -Blake

---
  Blake Willis