[rbak-nsp] help redback se-600

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Jan 24 07:10:51 EST 2012

Горьков Антон wrote:
> Good day!!
>  On the router Redback SE-600 completed all active user sessions with
> exit code "Session absolute timeout expired"
> So what is my problem? Thanks for any info!

I remember that there is some parameter that describes absolute session
timeout, so it is maximum time after which there is a tear down
requested by BRAS.
The idea is, to force subscribers to reauth every day/week/whatever, to
get new parameters from radius, disable those who do not pay etc,
without using CoA.

There is something related in subscriber default:
session-action absolute-timeout acct-alive

and I suppose that you have this configured:
[bras]R1_SE100(config-sub)#timeout absolute ?
   1..596523  minutes (default 0)
[bras]R1_SE100(config-sub)#timeout absolute

Regards,
Marcin