[rbak-nsp] Difference between CoA and Reauthorization

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:00:47 EDT 2012

Thank you  for your help and support

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcin Kuczera [mailto:marcin at leon.pl]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 3:22 PM
To: Alireza Soltanian
Cc: redback-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [rbak-nsp] Difference between CoA and Reauthorization

Alireza Soltanian wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am testing CoA and Reauthorization on SE platform. As far as I know,
> the overall result is same when we are using CoA or Reauthorization.
> The question here is what is the main difference between these two
> while we will have same result at the end?
>

> I will appreciate your comments about this

We use CoA instead of reauthorization.
As your option is not known for me, only from this forum - I suppose that
the difference is that with CoA you can do realtime modifications, i.e. when
changes are applied in BSS, the same change is applied to subscriber
immediatelly.

Or - redirections/ self access unblocking - CoA is good for it.

It looks that reauth is good for scheduled tasks, CoA for all the rest.

Regards,
Marcin