[rbak-nsp] Remark PWFQ traffic over certain threshold?

Alf Joynes alfjoynes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:34:08 EDT 2012

If I have a PWFQ policy to give priority to DSCP 34 up to 1Mb, is it
possible to configure this so that traffic over the 1Mb gets remarked as
Best Efforts rather than keeping its current marking?

eg, if I used something like this:

qos queue-map dscp34_map
  num-queues 2
   queue 0 priority 4
   queue 1 priority 0 1 2 3 5 6 7

qos policy dscp34_1Mb pwfq
  rate maximum 8000
  num-queues 2
  queue-map dscp34_map
  queue 0 priority 0 weight 100
  queue 1 priority 1 weight 100
  queue priority-group 0 rate 1024

But instead of dropping traffic in queue 0 when it reaches the limit,
forward it but change the marking from DSCP34 to DSCP0 so it will not
get priority elsewhere in the network.

Is it possible to apply a traffic metering policy at the same time as
PWFQ  that will remark traffic over a certain rate to DF? Though I'm
concerned that if that does work it maybe rather crude and not very
accurate?

Thanks

Alf.