[rbak-nsp] priority queuing issue

Brian George BrianG at nbsvoice.com
Fri Jun 22 09:00:27 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried setting the burst to 1.5 seconds of traffic at the rate and it didn't help.  The reason I have it set there to 15000 is because the manual states for pq burst to be 10 times the interface mtu.

Does anyone know how how a pq policy knows the rate at which congestion is occurring?  If rates are set for each queue in use does it use that total as the max rate for the circuit?  for instance I have this policy bound to a vlan on a gige port, so the rate at which there is congestion as far as this circuit is concerned would be less than the port speed.

Edrr policies work well for this but the 15 policy limit per card isn't cutting it.  Maybe someone has some ppa2 based eth cards they want to sell cheap :)

Thanks,
Brian